March 4 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Save the Date!
Safe Paws: Healthy Lawn. Happy Pets.
Bring your family, fido and friends to Homestead’s Farm & Pet Department and learn how to keep your lawn & garden safe. Don’t leave without getting a photo of you and your furry friend at courtesy of Homestead & Espoma! All dogs in attendance must be leashed, tagged and properly vaccinated.
- South Arundel Veterinary Hospital
- Paws & Possibilities Dog Training
- Dogwood Acres Pet Retreat
- Espoma & Homestead Gardens Lawn care experts
Why a Safe Paws Lawn?
- The EPA estimates that Americans apply 90 million pounds of pesticides every year.
- Every year the ASPCA receives tens of thousands of calls involving animal companions who’ve had potentially harmful contact with insecticides, weed killers and other garden hazards.
- According to the National Canine Cancer Foundation, cancer affects 1 out of every 3 dogs.
- Cancer has no known single cause. However, the ASPCA says that both hereditary and environmental factors can contribute to cancer in pets.
The more pet parents know about how to keep their pets safe, the more likely we can keep our pets out of harm’s way. After all, who could argue that less chemicals on our lawn is better for people, pets and the planet.
We believe, like eating nutritious food, the safest practice is to use organic lawn and garden products and to limit the use of potentially harmful garden chemicals.
More details coming soon….