Nestled amidst the beautiful rolling countryside of Davidsonville, Maryland, Homestead Gardens is the largest enclosed garden center in the Baltimore and Washington, D.C. metropolitan areas.
Founded in 1973 by Don Riddle, Jr., our landmark nursery boasts the area’s largest selection of annuals, perennials, trees and shrubs, landscaping design and build service, outdoor lighting, garden accessories, casual furniture and more!
From our humble beginnings as a roadside stand first selling azaleas, bedding plants, mums and poinsettias, Homestead Gardens has since expanded to become one of the country’s leading garden centers. Homestead Gardens, Severna Park was opened in 2010 and continues to thrive.
We are honored that our store has been recognized as:
- Garden Center of the Year for 2004, by the Garden Centers of America
- Nursery Retailer of the Year 2008, by Nursery Retailer Magazine
- Maryland Gazette Readers Choice 2012 Winner, Best Garden Center
- The Capital Readers Choice 2014 Winner, Best Garden Center
- The Capital Readers Choice 2015 Winner, Best Garden Center
- The Capital Readers Choice 2016 Winner, Best Garden Center
- Maryland Gazette Readers Choice 2016 Winner, Best Garden Center